Hidden Art - Other Consorzios


Historic, artistic, naturalistic and enogastronimical tours organized by operators of"Vicenza Pro Locos".
On your request, our guides will lead you on walks to local historical buildings and hill-tracks.


Medio Astico Pro Loco Association

Thiene:
CASTELLO PORTO COLLEONI - THIENE - 15th century Gothic building. The facade of the T-shaped central part of the palace is characterized by five arcs on square coloumns surmounted by a gothic rose window. The side towers are vestiges of the medieval fortress.

Sarcedo:
VILLA CAPRA BASSANI - 1764: Neoclassic building, designed by Ottavio Bertotti Scamozzi, inspired to Palladio. The main hall frescoes were painted by Giacomo Ciesa and Gaetano Costalunga.

Breganze:
CANTINA CA' BIASI - Down Breganze wine road. Samples and shop.
MUSEO RADIN -An important example of industrial archeology. 1th century machines and industrial tools.

Berici Hills Pro Locos Association

Nanto:
Berica Stone and olive-trees - The trip begins with a visit to the latars in the new parish church (1450 - 1550), were works of the two ancient churches have been brought. Then walking on to the experimental olive orchard kept by Pro Loco Nanto and to the town fountain. Hence to Azienda Agricola Nani. Proseguimento per la strada delle priere e visita alla bocca di cava. nel pomeriggio visita ad un laboratorio lapideo e all'esterno della villa del XVI sec. Muraro - Barbaran Grassi. Ritorno al luogo di partenza.

Longare:
COSTOZZA: THE VILLAS AND MORE - A visit to Costozza town-centre, famous for its quarries and the villas' underground ventilation system, Villa Trento-Carli (17th century) by architect Pizzocarro and Villa Da Schio's large garden, with terracings, staircases and statues by Marinali. The trip continues walking down Stonecutters' Road (caves and cave-houses) up to S.Mauro's Church, by Muttoni and to 13th century S.Antonio Abate's Church. Visitors go back to the starting-point walking down Via Volto where they can see the fountain. Lunch at Trattoria Aeolia, with a visit to its underground ventilation system and to Aeolia Accademy Hall.

Consorzio Pro loco Val Leogra

Malo - San Tomio:
FROM THE ROMANS TO RURAL CIVILIZATION - Setting off from Malo's Town-Hall, visitors get to writer Luigi Meneghello's house, then visit S.Bernardino's Church, St.Benedict and Gaetano's Parish Church, St.Nicholas' Oratory in Via Porto and St.Francis' Church in Via Mezzana, opposite of which they can admire Villa Muzzan-Castellani's beautiful facade, with its amazing English gerden. At a short distance they can visit the Silk and Building Museum, whence, walking down a pictoresque alley they can reach S.Libera Hill and its shrine. The trip continues to S.Tomio to see Villa Checozzi-Carli-Dalle Rive, Villa Romana, Contrada Poletti, as well as Villa Scorzato and Barco Ghellini, with its nine-arches facade.

Consorzio Pro loco Astico Brenta

Bresanvido:
FROM FARM TO FARM: A JOURNEY IN THE LAND OF WATERSPRINGS - Villa Mezzalira Al Vicerč: dwelling of benediktine monks from S.Fortunate's monastery in Vicenza, it was then sold to Archduke Rainer of Austria to be eventually purchased by the Mezzalira family in 1910. Its facade is characterized by a large lodge suspended on Neoclassic rusticated arches. Next to it there is 18th century St.Benedict's Chapel with a richly-ornamented altar and a canvass by an unknown 18th century artist. Lirosa: an abundant waterspring that originates a stream.

Lupia: Town-centre : 16th century Tower with a frescoed Adoration of the Magi. The nearby Church of St. Steven, in gothik Venetian style, hosts a 15th century triptych and a Nativity by painters from the school of Bassano.

Lupiola: Villa Garbinati-Zanotti (exterior only): the main building was built in 1672, after the restoration and enlargement of a 16th century country manor. Villa Dal Toso-Cadore: built in the late 17th century, it is part of a medieval benedictine country court.

Consorzio Pro Loco Grappa Valbrenta

Cismon del Grappa:
PIOVEGA PATH- A three-hour walk. The path begins a few meters away of Cornale Beerhouse: it is the old road between Enego and Cismon. As they follow the path visitors can see a tunnel (military shelter), mountain villages and two shrines, until they arrive to Coldarco di Sotto, whence, walking through the forest they reach Fort Stella and Coldarco di Mezzo and its 1913 fortress built into the mountain. The return follows the same path back.
Buttistone Cave: a few hundred meters away of Cornale Beerhouse.
Rock-castle: visitable only when accompanied by registered guides and with adequate equipment. A Roman fortress, built on 4 different layers.

Territorio Agno - Chiampo

Trissino:
VILLA TRISSINO-MARZOTTO - A two-villas complex, an upper one, built on the ruins of the ancient castle, and a lower one designed in 1841 by architect A.Trissino, whose four merleted corner-towers add some extra medieval flavour.
THE PARK - Divided into a formal Italian garden, with hedges, terracings and parterres, and a wild-looking English garden.

Chiampo:
FRANCISCAN COMPOUND of CHIAMPO PIEVE and LOURDES CAVE
VIA CRUCIS - Made of 15 lifesize bronze statues, it unwinds in a botanical garden that houses more then 350 species.
THE MUSEUM - develops through 11 subject-rooms: applied geology, gypsoteque, shells, palaeontology, palaeoetnology, etnology, mineralogy, zoology and art.

Info and bookings:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays;
9.00-13.00
Tel. 0444.874367
E-mail: volontarisc@prolocovicentine.it



Alcuni itinerari

Alcuni itinerari

Tourist Guides